Thursday, December 13, 2012

Endorphins and College Kids

We've all been doing a lot of hugging lately.  It was brought to my attention recently that at about 20 seconds into a hug endorphins kick in and a happy feeling starts to spread through the hugees.

With Diffy Q. (differential equations), nursing clinicals, a chemistry professor that does not speak English very well and Master's level classes there have been many endorphin rushes needed to keep kiddos on track and feeling loved so that they can accomplish all, in good time and with good grades.

I take my place on the bottom step cause all of these kids, boys especially, are much taller than I and then we hug away.

Josh asked for a hug the other day while I was in my bedroom and I said, "yes, hang on one sec."  He replied, "snubbed!" I then reached under my bed and pulled out a step stool.  He wondered if it was my hugging stool.  I told him yes, it saves my neck and your dad's back!

There is a small downside to all this hugging.  Apparently we've also been sharing germs as 4 of us are now sick.  On the upside, we should be better by Christmas.  I think we'll keep on hugging even after the semester ends.

Those endorphins are pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment