Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat

My dear one and I took the two youngest girlies to their school for our first ever Trunk or Treat.  Although I have seen signs for them in the past, I never thought to go to one until this year.

It was pretty fun.

When the older kids were little, I would stay at home and pass out candy and dad would take the ones old enough to walk a block or two without losing their mind, out to get candy.

As they grew too old to go get candy, they passed out our goodies and still, my dear one would take out the trick or treaters.

This year, I got to go too.  No more little ones to sit home with and no need to pass out candy because it's not yet Halloween.

The parking lots were full of SUVs and mini vans with bundled, costumed candy givers.  It was a really short walk from vehicle to vehicle and even though it was a bit cold, it was nothing like having to walk for blocks to get a bucketful.

There was a hearse decked out as an ambulance and the "nurse" was handing out candy from a bedpan (a real metal one from the good old days).  Cider, hot chocolate and donuts were available and everyone was really friendly and having a good time.


With all the time spent on the girls getting them ready, we had one zombie and one princess, you would have thought it was the real deal.  And, it might just well be since I've heard the weather is supposed to be pretty bad Wednesday.










The girls still want to dress up to show their friends on the block their costumes but they may be done getting candy.  That should be okay as they brought home quite a haul tonight.  I'm looking forward to Trunk or Treat next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment