Tuesday, October 16, 2012

More Books!

Remember my earlier post about books?  Well, I did it again.  I just bought three more books.  :-)

Of the previous three that I purchased, I loaned out two and read one.  The one I read was A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay.  I have to say that after reading her book Sarah's Key and loving it (it was a very riveting story) this one was a let down.  There was a lot of filler and too many plots going on, only one of which was resolved at the end.





The new books are: The Gift of Faith by Rev. Tadeusz Dajczer, which I am reading in conjunction with The Year of Faith that the Church began celebrating on Wednesday (see my post at centeredinchrist1.blogspot.com),  Clara's War; One Girl's Story of Survival by Clare Kramer, which just happened to pop up when I went to Amazon to buy the first book, (we love holocaust surviver books around here), and Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry.




The last book was in my shopping cart just waiting for me to buy over $25 worth of books so I could get free shipping.  It is one of four books in a series that starts with The Giver,  which, if you haven't read, I highly recommend.





In fact, if you decide to read it I wouldn't mind some commentary.  We have a split decision in our home about the ending and I'd like to hear what you think about the outcome.

The other two books in the series are available at the library so I am just borrowing them. This requires a shorter storage time and more pressure to read them in a timely fashion.

I think I'd better get the two that I loaned out, back and get started on them.  It's probably a good thing that colder days and darker nights are coming.  More reading time for me.  I just hope it's not after midnight when I get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment