Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tonight

As I sit here typing, there are two different computers playing two different kinds of music, both loudly enough to keep the youngest awake, but apparently not loud enough to wake her up.  One good thing about being the youngest in a noisy household; you can sleep through anything.

Erin is baking again. More pumpkin bread for the co-workers and M & M cookies for us.  Yea.

The car shuffle has already happened, much to the dismay of the person waiting in the street to pass by as three cars made their way up the driveway.

This evening was day 6 of our 6th child driver's ed class.  Even though this is our 6th driver, I've already warned my dear one that he will have to do a lot of driving practices because, the older I get, the more jumpy I get in the car, unless of course, I'm driving.

The homework was done by 7 p.m. Whew.  She's getting better every day.  Either that or it's just a lighter load this week since the 1st quarter just ended and there is no rush to get grades turned in.  School tomorrow and then a 4 day weekend for the youngest two kids.  A much needed break for mom, too.

I have my third book for the week waiting on the arm of the chair for me to get to it.  Not that I've read two whole books this week, just finished two that I had previously started.  (I very rarely have only one book going at a time.) This one is called, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate.  So far it's pretty good.

So, to the aroma of fresh baked cookies, I'm going to go curl up with a good book (and since I've been up since 5:30 a.m., probably fall asleep!)








1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what most people find as unbearable annoyances, people from big families don't even notice. I seem to find the constant noise and commotion soothing. Many days I come home and turn the TV on just to have someone talking in the house. It takes my mind off the day, puts me at ease, and really helps me wind down after a long day. Average Joe it may call it stressful and chaotic, I call it home.

    ReplyDelete