Monday, October 15, 2012

1:52 a.m.

Here I sit writing and waiting for our youngest son to finish his homework.  Yawn.  I did get some sleep already tonight which is probably why I'm even functioning.

The dishes are done,  most of the house is picked up (sort of). and the floors are swept.  I have a line of pumpkins, some carved and some not, sitting on the living room floor.  The skeleton, that earlier graced the front door, lies limply on the couch awaiting a fresh tape up job.  Oh, I just found the tape.  It's under the living room table.  Missed that when I swept.

Gracing other horizontal surfaces are a computer charger, a shoebox now "piggy bank", a bottle of glue and a stuffed animal sitting on top of the CD player. The requisite pair of shoes awaits the morning rush.  They are where they are because it makes the morning easier for the person to whom they belong.

This is life in a houseful of active, busy people.

Life happens here and it's a beautiful thing.  Even more beautiful is that fact that sometimes I can look at the clutter (that often drives me crazy) and be grateful for it.  I am not alone.

I have been immensely blessed with a big, happy, peaceful (for the most part), loving family.  When the little things start to get to me, it feels good to stay up late and remember how blessed I really am.



No comments:

Post a Comment