Monday, September 17, 2012

Adjusting

Today is the first day of the fifth week of school.  So far the kids have not had a single full, five day week.  For the high schoolers, this week will be no exception.  Parent-teacher conferences are Thursday and so they have a half day.

How are we all adjusting to school?  I, for one, can't figure out how I home schooled in the first place. It feels like all I do is run.  I know we got school work done so the errands must have taken a back seat.  I know the house cleaning did!

The days fly by ( I've only had one nap) and then comes pick up time.  From 3:00 p.m. until up to 10:45 p.m. we do dinner and then homework.  My poor sixth grader is having quite an adjustment.  We are drying lots of tears.

I wish there was a way to make it easier as we are all exhausted by the weekend.  It's still only September and they are counting the days until Thanksgiving break.

I have not baked, I have had hot chocolate with a friend only once and the book reading has come to almost a complete halt, although I did use my Barnes and Nobel birthday gift card and bought three new books so I hold out hope.  And, you can tell how much writing I've done if you look at the date of my last post.

I have, however, been to Mass almost every day.  I visit my mom and dad, do laundry and cook dinner so we can eat at 4 0'clock.

I am enjoying the quiet during the day.  It gives me energy for the evenings.

I suppose I will fall into a routine.  For now, I take it as it comes and keep smiling.



No comments:

Post a Comment