Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spirit Week

This weekend is homecoming at the high school our boys attend.  So, besides having a half day today, and field day tomorrow (about 2 1/2 hours of fun and games) the students got to have a no uniform week.  Monday was pajama day.  I'm not sure when it became okay to wear p.j.s in public, much less school.

Tuesday was crazy sweater day.  Our Jr. likes to shop at Value World and so he has an awesome sweater with lots of colors and a neat pattern.  The frosh borrowed one of his dad's sweaters.  Being that his dad is an accountant, it's not too crazy, but it was something he wouldn't typically wear so it fit the bill.

I don't remember what Wednesday was.  I saw them both dressed for school and didn't notice anything amiss so maybe they just wore jeans.

Today was crazy hair and dress day.  I tried to take a photo of the two of them but one wouldn't stay posed.  It was too early in the morning and he not only did not want his photo taken,  he definitely did not want it shown on my blog.  A couple of the girls had fun helping their younger brother with his first crazy hair day.  He went to school with about 30 little pony tails in his curly, red (freshly dyed) locks.

Their outfits matched the crazy label, too.  Mixed patterns and unmatched socks and such.  Tomorrow is field day so they won't have any classes, but I'm kind of wondering if they got anything done today.  The outfits and hair would have kept me very distracted.

Hopefully next week it will be back to business as usual.  Although the 9th grader already informed me that he will be on retreat one of the days so maybe I'll have to wait until the following week for a 5 day work week.  I don't think I'll check the calendar until then.

Next up:  Homecoming parade and I get to drive one of the vehicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment