Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lemonade: 25 Cents

Ever since it started to warm up,  our 7 year old has been "dying" to have a lemonade stand.

She started this last year, one in our long line of entrepreneurs.

In the dollar section at Target, last summer, I came across a sign for exactly that purpose.  It is nicely printed with LEMONADE in bold letters and then a line with a cents sign so she can add her own price.

She started asking to set up shop almost as soon as I set foot in the house after my dear one picked me up from the airport last week.

She assured me we had lemonade and cups and the weather of course was very cooperative.

Well, it took me a while to get back into the swing of things after 4 days of doing practically nothing :-) so we did not get to selling until yesterday.

This little girl is tenacious!!  She cleaned the mini picnic table, had her brother get it down out of the club house and set it up in front of the house.  Then she labeled her sign and made her lemonade.

Of course, we've been using the mix for a week so she only had enough left for one pitcher! Poor kid.
She did not even care.  She went out and sold her lemonade!  And she made a couple of bucks thanks to generous passers-by.

I'm sure we'll be doing this again (and again and again!).  So, if you're in the area and you see her selling, come by and have a cold glass.  She'll love it.

1 comment: