Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Getaway

I am posting from sunny, warm, wonderful Orlando, Florida.

The trees are green, the air is fresh, the sun is not only shining, it is warm.

My first night here I fell asleep to crickets chirping and awoke to birds singing.

I've seen shorts being worn,  boats being launched into a small lake,  tennis games being played and even softball practice.

It is like a  whole different world.

I've been wearing flip flops and capris and short sleeves.

What I forgot to wear was sunscreen so I'm a little pink on the cheeks and arms and it feels wonderful.

My cousins are wonderful hosts and have kept me well fed and rested.  We put our feet up and watched a movie last night and we are looking forward to a game night tonight.

I go home in a couple of days and I'm sure I can make it til spring now.  It will be hard coming back to bare trees and brown lawns but now I am filled with gratefulness and a longing for spring showers and May flowers.

Don't forget to "spring forward!"

No comments:

Post a Comment