Friday, August 1, 2014

Put Your Hands Together

Do you hold hands with your Honey?

My dear one and I hold hands a lot!  It is an example I learned from my parents, who still hold hands, after nearly 54 years of marriage.

Wayne and I were walking in the Kroger parking lot tonight, holding hands, and a gentleman approached us and said, "There's something you don't see very often anymore; holding hands."

I replied, "We're trying to set a good example."

This photo reminds me of when we were dating.  We were holding hands and talking about marriage and family, and Wayne held up our hands and said, "I wonder if our children will be striped?" 


I notice, when I am with other couples, whether  they hold hands or not.  At Mass every morning, there are many couples praying together.  None of them hold hands and most don't even let their arms or shoulders touch.

At Sunday Mass, when families are together, it always amazes me to see couples sitting at book ends with their children in the middle.  Most of these are not  families with small children where the parents are trying to keep thing under control. These are families with teenaged children, with the parents sitting "miles" apart from each other.  What a foreign concept to me.

This is true not only at Mass, but in the park, at the grocery store, out to dinner.  Wherever couples are together, most do not hold hands.

Many studies have confirmed that physical touch releases endorphins and oxytocin, which makes us happier and keeps us healthy.  It's GOOD for us.

What keeps couples from holding hands?  I've never asked, but often wondered.

Do you hold hands with your Honey?  Give it a try.  It's very nice.





www.centeredinchrist1.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment