Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Weekend

I asked my dear one to please take the little (ok, not so little anymore) girls up north to see his parents for the weekend.

About every 5 months or so, I just need some "me time".  My dear one is very willing because he knows it makes me a better person, wife and mom.

The past couple of times I've needed some time alone, I have gone away.  But, hotels are expensive and sometimes, a little lonely if there is no other plan for the weekend.

So this time, I got to stay home, while he took those who need me the most, away for a little other-side-of-the-family time.

This was my weekend.  On Friday, I cleaned so that I could enjoy Saturday and Sunday.  Bathroom, bedroom, laundry,  ironing, vacuuming,  and that awesome (always messy) kitchen were all tackled and conquered.

Saturday morning I woke up and finished folding the last load of towels and then I had some fun.

I went to Mass,
faith.sfamanitowoc.org

had lunch with a friend,



had a massage!,





went to confession,


Ahhh! 
 and went to Mass again (for Sunday) with these two cuties:



After supper, I went for a very long walk with my mom, who is training to walk a 1/2 marathon in  October (more on that in an October post).  We walked 4.7 miles and I was exhausted. My mom was ready for more as she was supposed to go 7 miles per her training schedule, but I could not go on!

After our walk I collapsed into bed with my book.  I'm reading "The Kitchen House".  


Sunday I woke up early and, yes, went to Mass.  (What can I say? I'm a glutton for Jesus!!) 

Then I cleaned the kitchen. Again!

I was then ready to write.  Amanda showed me many fun tricks while I wrote my blogs because I am not at all computer savvy, but I had all these photos I wanted to add that I got from various locations.  She was a big help!  

The day is not over. I may go take a nap!  Or, I could read some more; or go for a walk (much shorter!) or write some letters or go to Adoration or…. hmmm the possibilities! 

Enormous thanks to my dear one for my "me weekend".  I'm ready to head back into the school year, which, unbelievably, begins Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment