Thursday, July 31, 2014

Birthday Fun

About six weeks ago I saw an ad in our church paper stating that the men's club was trying to get a group together to go see the Tigers (our State's baseball team) play.

When I checked the date of the game, I was surprised to see that the date was my birthday.  I thought it would be great to have all the kids and then some come to the game.

So I ordered tickets and prayed for sunshine!

One of our family traditions is calling the person whose birthday it is and sing the birthday song to them.  The song always ends with, "and many more!!!"  Throughout the day I received serenades from several people. This was my favorite!!




My dear one bought me a copy of "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.  It is lovely!

Caitlyn and Jimmy bought me a chocolate-almond bar.

Our tenacious one made me a pin cushion and a card.  The card said: "This present is full of pins and needles.  Good thing you're not sitting on it!"

This lovely bouquet was sent to me from my cousins;  Don, Sonmi and Sasha. 

After a rushed dinner and some delicious chocolate layer cake with bananas in between the layers (another family tradition), we drove down to the Tigers game. 

When we got to the stairwell that lead to our seats, it began to downpour!


It poured for about 10 minutes but the sky lightened a little bit with each passing minute and we knew the rain wouldn't last.  When we got to our seats, we found that they were just under a nice overhang which kept them mostly dry for us.  A trip to the restroom for some paper towels and we were ready for the game to begin. 


Though we were very high in the stands, we had a great view of the field (when all the pedestrian traffic was not in motion). 


Of course photos were taken, posts were make to Facebook and snap chats sent.  That's my mom and sister, Margaret, behind us.  The Tigers played a great game, scoring 6 runs in the first inning and one in a later inning to win the game 7-1 against the Chicago White Sox.


This is almost all of us.  Erin's friend, Rob, opted to take the photo instead of be included.  I don't know how to photo shop or I would add him!  Thanks, Rob. 

Overall, a wonderful celebration of my 52 years!  Here's hoping for:  "Many more!!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment