Sunday, August 26, 2012

Alone time? What's that?

I still need to change my profile but we had a big change happen August 21.  All of the younger children went to school outside of the home.

Our oldest child was born a little more than 28 years ago.  In the years following her birth, I can count  the number of days I have been alone in the house.  And, in the house we currently live in, I can count it in minutes!

That's a lot of years of not being alone!!

And, even though the four of them are in school, the older ones have not yet returned to the college campuses, and so I have still not experienced 'alone' time.  However, I have had some time to myself.  What have I done?  Cleaned.

I have a week and half left before every is gone for at least a little while every day. I want the house to look great (and a little less lived in) when I decide to put my feet up and read a good book, or watch a video. (That's another thing I can probably count fairly easily- the number of videos I have seen all the way through.)

I am looking forward to having company over for hot chocolate or tea and being able to have a conversation with a friend.  I hope I still speak adult.

I am looking forward to going to the library and bringing home some books that don't come from the middle school shelves.

I am looking forward to napping, baking, writing, shopping and rediscovering me.

I wonder how long it will take me to adjust to alone time.  We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this new adventure. It's a new chapter in your life; I can't wait to see what it yields. ;-)

    ReplyDelete