Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Talk About It

I love the way our kids converse.

I was doing a crossword puzzle and asked "who is the Norse god of war?"  Three of the kids chimed in and then a discussion ensued about who was correct and they each stated their case.

They talked about Odin (correct answer) and Thor and Loki.  All names I've heard before, because this is a subject area that interest them.

FYI- Odin is the biological father of Thor. Thor is the god of thunder. Loki is the half brother of Thor and is the god of mischief.

Another topic which gets them talking is World War II.  We have many, many books on the Holocaust and they know a lot about the War, Hitler and stories of survivors.

The Royals, especially, but not limited to, Henry VIII and his wives is also an area of fascination. They could go on for hours!

I know I had history classes in school but I've learned much more listening to the kids talk.  The younger ones get a kick out of it too, and hopefully the enthusiasm they see in their older siblings will encourage them to dive into history as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment