Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Egg Scramble

Last Saturday was the annual Easter egg scramble at the local elementary school.  Since we homeschool I'm not alway up on the next thing happening around town.

Usually I remember the scramble when I see the smiling little ones walking home with their filled baskets.

Well, not this year.  This year we participated.  The neighbor kids filled in my tenacious one with the necessary information  and she came running to ask permission to go.

For years, being the clutter hater that I am, we have condensed nine Easter baskets down to one family basket which meant I didn't have anything with which she could collect her hoard.  Suddenly I spotted the empty ice cream bucket. How convenient.  I washed it out, wrapped it in some yellow poster board that I had handy. Also available was a clear plastic bag with pastel decorations on it.  I cut that up and wrapped it around the poster board.  Viola!  It was even kind of cute.

She stood with eager anticipation until the countdown and then she was off.  All of the kids had the same idea (or suggestion from a loved one) and they ran to the far end of the field and started grabbing eggs. She had a blast.  Her grin was from ear to ear when she came to show me here haul.

Then she got to sit by the Easter Bunny and get her picture taken.

She can hardly wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment