Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our Bathroom Saga

We have 2.5 bathrooms in our home.  Through the years they have come to be called by different names depending on who is using them the most.

For example, the master bathroom is known as Grand Central Station.  It's big, well-lit, has a three-way mirror that is awesome when curling, cutting or dying hair. It also holds the store of Q-tips, soap and towels.  So, though it should be 'mom and dad's bathroom', it's really everyones'.

The small half-bath is Erin's because she cleans it (though everyone used it, too!)

The kids bathroom is called the "girls'" bathroom because we have more girls than boys and only the girls ever clean it.

Speaking of cleaning, apparently there has been a little less diligence on the part of some showerers which led to the main bathroom cleaner to leave the following notice taped to the wall:


I'm not sure if it had the desired impact right away, but it did inspire another note: 

Not a bad song title...

Which then inspired the original note writer to write a song, apparently sung to the tune of a popular song with which I am not familiar.



 To the tune of "Say Something"

Do something. I won't clean up after you
I'm an adult and you are one too.
All I want is some help from you.
Do something, I won't clean up after you.

Hang up your wet towel, 
Grab all your dirty clothes
And take them with you.

And I will be so pleased
You learned your lesson, 
The bathroom is clean.  


I guess it worked, because the door actually opens all the way now, as there have not been any dirty clothes left behind it since the song posted.  That makes it a number 1 hit in my book!

www.centeredinchrist1.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment