Friday, January 31, 2014

Just Normal Everyday

Well, I'm happy to report that the kitchen is moving forward.  We now have a new paint job, compliments of Josh.  Paint color was decided on by Josh and approved by several of his siblings while my dear one and I were out of town.  I love the color and love even more that I did not have to choose it.  I took a photo of it, but it just looks white in the picture.  It's really a light beige.  Perfect.  My favorite picture looks lovely on it.




We have new cupboards hanging (and full) with under cabinet lighting.



 New floor cabinet!


There is still a ways to go, but for right now cooking and other food prep is getting easier and the family room is getting bigger as we get rid of boxes and temporary shelving.  Ahhh!


Our tenacious one has been busy painting her closet-turned-bedroom. Her creativity is wonderful.





Also, while golden tickets are hard to come by this year (her spelling words are ridiculously challenging) she did manage to score the highest on her recent Social Studies test: 103%.    

We are also busy planning the next wedding shower.  We have invitations, thank you notes and stamps purchased and the date set.  Full speed ahead!



In the 'more fun news' category, we got a "new" van.  The kids cannot figure out why I keep buying big vans, but I've been driving them since 1994 and I like them.  This one seats 8; although not eight of our kids will fit because they are no longer quite so little.  But, the four I drive around the most often fit nicely and it has significantly fewer miles.  And, it's a pretty color blue.  

Josh will find out in a couple of weeks if he got his Air Force pilot slot.   Stay tuned.  Hoping the next photo of him shows him wearing his "pajamas",  aka flight suit!  



No comments:

Post a Comment