Friday, September 23, 2016

Carrying Your Secret

Can I keep a secret?  You bet I can.

The thing is, I don't just keep a secret, I carry it.

I carry it in my heart, so that I can pray about it.

I carry it on my shoulders; sometimes causing them to ache.

I carry it in my face, and I find that sometimes it takes a lot of effort to smile around it.

I carry it in my words.  Or lack there of; because I don't want to blow it and give away your secret.

I carry in my head where it takes up brain space and thought processes.

I carry it always, just waiting for the moment when it is no longer a secret.

Waiting for the moment I can rejoice in sharing your joy, or finally being able to tell someone what I've been praying about and how the prayers were answered.

Some secrets are fun to keep and carry: surprise parties, baby-on-the-way.

Some secrets are more difficult: family issues, illness, relationship crises.

So, if  I sometimes appear down,  or lost in thought, or short with my words or temper, be patient with me.  I may have something I'm carrying that I cannot share at the moment.

Can I tell you a secret?  I don't like secrets! 






No comments:

Post a Comment