Thursday, May 3, 2012

Titanic

Four of the kiddos and I went to see the Titanic Exhibit at the Henry Ford today.

It was very well done.  We each got our boarding pass; the girls got female passengers and my son got a male passenger.  Too bad for him because he was the only one who did not survive.

Because two of our older kids work at the museum, we have been informed about what to expect.  My tenacious one had her photo taken "flying" at the bow rail of the ship.  Then she and her sis sat on the Grand Staircase for a another photo op.

They had been warned by big sister that only two or three steps were actually sturdy, and that the rest were just for show.  However, just before their turn a huge group of students filled the staircase almost to the top and there were no reported injuries!  They became brave enough to go up to the six or seventh step when it was their turn.

I caved in and bought the photo taken at the rail cause it was so cute!

It took us about an hour to walk through, lots of reading and many artifacts to look at.

I would recommend going on a weekday as, according to my sources, the weekends get a little crazy.

Bon voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment